Friday, November 20, 2009

A Picture Paints - Navigation by Icon


I'm a creature of words*. I know this, I know I find writing and typing easier than some (though I'm under no illusions about being a literary genius!) and I read quickly and copiously. Because of this I find my web sites tend to get rather wordy. Each time I have a new idea, I slap it in there, write a paragraph or two describing it. Link it about all over the place, and it all seems perfectly clear to me.


Of course, it's not. It's a mess. A textual mess with odd bits of useful info tucked into the gaps, shivering under the onslaught of verbiage. Oops, there I go again. So I've had a total rethink on the Widgets site and it is now waaaay more graphical. In fact, it is icon driven. The text is restricted to where it should be - explaining concepts, describing options. Navigation is now by icon. The site is clear, clean and easy to drive. I hope. I'm sure you'll tell me if I'm wrong.

*Which makes me wonder why more of them don't make it to bloghood. Note to self: ramble less, blog more!

No comments:

Post a Comment